Friday, March 24, 2017

Marcin Bondarowicz – exhibition in the European Cartoon Center Kruishoutem - Belgium from the 28th of January till the 2th of April 2017.


Marcin Bondarowicz - introduction to his exhibition
My works reflect the sensitivity of a child who is first astonished by the world around, then starts asking many questions, and eventually attempts to answer them through the creative process. The road to truth is full of dramatic questions: razor sharp and extremely precise, uncompromising, sometimes also drastic. I take up those questions with no hesitation; I observe, and consequently I comment on what I see. I make use of a wide array of symbols and metaphors which are the building blocks of my surrealistic world – so different, and so close to us at the same time.
Hard work began with my incurable passion for painting. I fell in love with painting as a little boy, and it has led me to the place where I am now. It is only the beginning of the road for me, and I can see no final point of destination. I am always driven by the urge to become better and better in what I do.
My works draw on the traditions of the Polish School of Posters. It was a philosophical, telegraphic type of poster, economical to the point of becoming abstract, but at the same time – aiming to exert a wide social impact. Time and the exploration of the various fields related to painting and graphic design have inspired the idea of creating functional art representing an individual type of artistic expression. The first commissions that I received for posters, and my desire to comment on some key social issues – brought me in contact with the field of illustration, and later press illustration, which has now very largely dominated my professional activity. The vast majority of the works presented at this exhibition have already been published.
Even though my illustrations have been published both in Poland and abroad, sometimes in magazines representing radically different political standpoints, what always comes first for me is “my comment on the matter”, and this is also how I approach my work.
I attach great importance to the emotions that appear between the author and the audience, at the meeting point of these two worlds. These emotions frequently provide the incentive for further explorations. Even though I cannot be present today at the vernissage of my exhibition, you will be able to feel my presence in my works, with which I am inextricably linked – I am one with them. I feel very honoured to be able to present them in Belgium – in a place from which I have received so much support. It is very important for me that I can thus share with you the world of my imagination.

Marcin Bondarowicz


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?